Abortion and Minority Communities
- In Ohio, African Americans make up 14% of the total population yet 41% of abortions were performed on black women in 2017.
- “According to the 2000 Census, Hispanics have replaced African-Americans as the largest minority group in the U.S. The loss of over 14.5 African-American children through abortion has played a significant part in this population decline. The number has increased by over 1.5 million abortions between 2004-2006.”
- More African American babies have been killed by abortion during the past 30 years than the total number of African American deaths from all other causes combined since 1973.
- African-American and Hispanic American women account for over half of all abortions performed each year in the United States.
- 79 percent of Planned Parenthood’s abortion clinics are located in minority neighborhoods. The following is a map of Planned Parenthood’s abortion facilities placed in the Ohio counties most densely populated by African Americans.
 US Census Bureau, 2000 Census
 Based on statistics from US Center for Disease Control National Vital Statistics Reports
 Guttmacher Institute, “Facts on Induced Abortions in the United States,” Guttmacher Institute, October 2017, Web. 11 December 2017. <https://www.guttmacher.org/fact-sheet/induced-abortion-united-states>.
 This map was last revised in 2012.