10 Reasons to De-Fund Planned Parenthood NOW
There are literally millions of reasons to de-fund Planned Parenthood–and each reason would represent a life taken by the abortion industry leader.
As the fight to de-fund Planned Parenthood goes on, we want you to be armed with the facts. Here are just 10 reasons that Planned Parenthood needs stripped of taxpayer funding immediately. Please send this link to friends and re-use the list how you see fit. Let’s keep the pressure on Planned Parenthood!
- It is the public policy of the state of Ohio to prefer childbirth over abortion—Planned Parenthood’s business model and political agenda are the reverse.
- Over the span of 40 years, Planned Parenthood’s abortion services have grown to consume a bigger and bigger market share. In 2013, Planned Parenthood performed 327,653 abortions—about a quarter of the country’s abortions.
- Planned Parenthood charges upwards of $1,500 for a first trimester abortion. According to Guttmacher, Planned Parenthood’s research arm, the average abortion costs $470.
- 94 percent of Planned Parenthood’s pregnancy-related services are abortions.
- While Planned Parenthood’s abortions rose last year, their adoption referrals and prenatal services dropped.
- For every adoption referral, Planned Parenthood performed 174 abortions.
- Last year, Planned Parenthood raked in 528 million taxpayer dollars—41 percent of its revenue.
- In 2013, Planned Parenthood reported more than $127 million in excess revenue and more than $1.4 billion in net assets.
- The Planned Parenthood abortion industry grew from the eugenic ideas of founder Margaret Sanger. She documented her ruthless beliefs in pamphlets, journals and books in the early 20th century. Such ideas include: “The most merciful thing that a large family does to one of its infant members is to kill it.”
- The eugenic ideas of the 20th century persist in today’s abortion practice where it capitalizes on minority communities, disproportionately taking the lives of African American babies and babies with disabilities. In 2013, 42 percent of abortionstook place on African American women–even though they make up 12.5 percent of Ohio’s population.
Make no mistake: Planned Parenthood is using your tax dollars as a shell game to fund abortion and advance their callous and inhuman ideals.
Sign our petition to de-fund Planned Parenthood and ask a friend to do the same. We have more than enough reasons.